Thursday, January 9, 2014

Stanley M. Remington



Stanley M. Remington was the first born son of my great grandparents, Dolph M. Remington and Katie S. Barber.  He was born 5 Jan 1892 and died 18 Jan 1892 in Michigan.  His parents were married the previous April in Osceola County, Michigan, but I am not sure where they would have been living in 1892.  Katie was born in New York but her family had moved to Osceola County between 1875 and 1880.  Dolph was born and raised in Van Buren County, Michigan about 120 miles south of Osceola County.  Their son J M was born the following year in Colfax Township in Wexford County, which is just to the northwest of Osceola County.

I have not found any official records showing Stanley’s birth or death.  He did not appear on the family tree that was passed down to me from my grandmother.  I did not know to look for him on my one trip to Michigan.

However, Stanley’s birth was recorded in a family Bible.  The pages of that Bible were recently shared with my by another descendent of Dolph.  I believe the Bible belonged to Dolph and Katie, as it has their children’s birth and marriage information.  It then went to their son Myrl’s family.  

I feel blessed that Myrl’s granddaughter, Cindy, shared this information with me.  I am doubly blessed in that she also entrusted me with the actual page that recorded the birth of Stanley and the marriage of my grandparents, J M Remington and Lillian Timmerman. Thank you...


Dolph, Katie and JM

No comments:

Post a Comment